Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Final Exam Blog Post



Technology is a constantly evolving aspect of our lives. Because of this, there is always the argument as to whether or not technology is a healthy part of our lives. 

Personally, I have a relatively healthy relationship with technology. I use technology on a day to day basis for multiple aspects of my life. Since my major is graphic design, I am constantly using my computer for my design work. Because I have to look at a computer screen so long, I make sure to wear reading glasses so my eyes do not have to strain while looking at the computer. This has definitely hindered my eyesight slightly, which is not considered healthy. 

Other than using my computer for design work, I use my phone a lot throughout the day. I would consider it an unhealthy amount of time consumed by technology, mainly because when I am bored, I go on my phone to to surprise my boredom. Since technology is such a large aspect in my life, I would say it takes up too much time in life, but not all in a negative way. 

I know that you can not believe everything you see or hear on the internet. However, I do believe that technology is making me smarter in certain aspects of my life. I rely on the internet to help me solve a problem I have while designing. Once I learn how to fix the problem, I will remember it and not have to look it up again, but it is nice knowing that I am able to if I need it. However, I do feel that the use of technology has taken away some peoples common sense. Since we have the ability to search and find the answer to anything, we immediately go to the technology for the answer rather than finding the answer in a more conventional way. 

As I mentioned before, technology is very helpful and has a large impact on my life. I am currently in a 3 year long distance relationship, where my boyfriend lives in Germany. Because of technology, I am able to talk to him everyday, whether that is over text, phone call or FaceTime. Having multiple ways of communicating with him is very nice and helps our relationship to stay strong. My parents were also in a long distance relationship for a part of their relationship. However, they both live in the US, their only ways to communicate was by mail or phone call. They tell me all the time how lucky I am to have technology to positively affect my relationship. 

When it comes to my online footprint, I do have one. I am active on social media including instagram, Facebook, linkedin and others. Although I do post content relating to my social life on my social media platforms, I do not post inappropriate content that would make me look bad to employers. I make sure to have multiple outlets that contain my design work and resumes. 

Even though I have grown up with technology, I have never truly thought about all the negative aspects technology plays in our life. After watching Tears for Fears in class, I realized how much technology can hinder relationships, maybe even more than it helps. Because of that, I am going to make sure to continue to evaluate my use of technology and how it impacts my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Exam Blog Post

Technology is a constantly evolving aspect of our lives. Because of this, there is always the argument as to whether or not technology is a ...